What is Binbot?
Binbot is a specialized newsreader for downloading files from Usenet. It makes it easy to access the enormous quantity of new content posted daily to binary newsgroups. Even if you are new to Usenet, you will be downloading files in no time!
- Easy to Use
- The intuitive user interface allows you to start downloading files within minutes of installation. See our getting started guide for more information.
- Binbot automatically assembles and decodes articles for you! It supports all common encodings found on Usenet, including uuencode, MIME/base64 and yEnc.
- By letting you visually select which blocks of articles you wish to download, Binbot makes it easy to navigate huge newsgroups with millions of articles.
- We designed Binbot to allow you to download multiple files simultaneously at top speed.
- By only retrieving the minimum amount of data from the server, Binbot lets you quickly find the files you want.
- Binbot uses fast caching algorithms and command pipelining so you can retrieve information in record time.
- Binbot protects you against viruses by highlighting potentially unsafe files, and by automatically blocking unexpected malicious attachments.
- By design, Binbot prevents malformed headers and articles from being used to compromise your system remotely through buffer overflow attacks.
- Binbot contains no spyware or adware, and never "phones home".
May 14, 2008: Binbot version 2.0 final released. After many delays, it is here at last! This release includes more new features and many bug fixes. More...
March 4, 2008: Binbot version 2.0b3 released. This release includes many new features and enhancements, and fixes a number of bugs. More...
January 31, 2008: Binbot version 2.0b2 released. This release fixes a couple of bugs and adds the ability to pause file downloads. More...
January 28, 2008: Binbot version 2.0b1 released. This new major release introduces many exciting features, including NZB file support, built-in Usenet search, faster file downloads, and automatic file unpacking. More...